Soap Making Ingredients
Soap making can be considered a good hobby. Aside from that, it is also a profitable business. Making soap is just a simple process. You can even do this at home. You have to know the right soap-making ingredients and the proper steps in making them. It’s easy, and as long as you have the right soap-making ingredients, you can make any type you like.
Homemade soaps don’t have the chemicals that commercialized soaps have because the ingredients that are used in homemade soaps are more natural and not damaging to the skin. They are skin-friendly. Aside from that, homemade soaps are more affordable if you compare them with commercialized soaps.
There are various soap-making ingredients you will need to create your products. Some ingredients will vary depending on your chosen method of making soap, though most ingredients will remain constant no matter which process you choose.
Types of Ingredients for making homemade soaps are the following:
- A soap-making scale that is accurate to the closest gram or one-tenth of an ounce.
- A stainless steel 8-12 quart/liter container.
- A 2 quart/liter plastic juice jug for blending the lye and water.
- Two mid-size plastic mixing containers for mixing color and just a little amount of soap to create a multi-colored, marbled soap.
- Mixing and measuring utensils, a whisk or hand blender, silicone spatulas or rubber spatulas, plastic spoons, and measuring spoons.
- Small light-weight bowls for weighing liquid and solid materials on the weighing machine.
- Some Wooden soap molds or plastic soap molds.
- A slim and sharp knife to slice the soap.
- Butcher’s paper to line the soap molds.
- A piece of wood, Styrofoam, or cardboard the size of the soap molds’ top opening.
- A Woolen blanket to insulate the soap.
- Safety equipment: rubber gloves, apron or old clothes, and safety goggles.
- Lye – You will find two types of lye used by soap makers: sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide. They use sodium hydroxide to make solid soap and potassium hydroxide for liquid soaps. They Use a combination of the two to make cream soaps.
- Crockpot or Double boiler.
- A Plastic tablecloth or something similar to protect your desk, floor, and counter-tops.
Now that you know some main ingredients for making homemade soap, all you need to do now is find the perfect recipe and start on that hobby.
If you can find these ingredients and equipment in your home, or if not, you can find them in the supermarket nearest you. If you want attractive soap molds, go to a craft store. Surely they will provide you with several soap molds that are unique and wonderful. All it takes is a few soap-making molds and a little of your time, and then you’re ready.
You can find happiness in soap-making. You will surely be amazed at how these simple soap-making ingredients can create soap. You can even combine colors and scents to make one-of-a-kind soaps. It influenced many people to try it because of the satisfaction that it has brought them. Don’t hesitate; try to make your homemade soap, too!