Olive Oil Soap
Soaps are an essential need for proper hygiene. For generations, people used different soaps. The original ones are made from pure natural ingredients, but nowadays, soaps contain more chemicals (e.g., harsh detergents). Natural vegetable soaps are the most sought-after; they’re preferred over soaps made with animal fats. Another kind of natural soap is olive oil soap. The olive oil soaps are pure and gentle and have been used for generations.
Well, hard as it seems, olive oil soaps are effective in skincare. It has more moisture than any soap, such as tallow or vegetable oil soap. Other than that, it contains chemicals such as antioxidants and polyphenols. Phenols elements are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, and these elements are essential in today’s beauty regimens. Using pure olive oil soap started with the ancient Greeks. These are the Greek olive oil soaps, and people use them as a moisturizing treatment for stretch marks.
Benefits of using Olive oil Soap
Using olive oil soap daily can help, especially if you want to have beautiful skin. Studies say that olive oil can make a person look younger. It was proven by a middle-aged lady who used olive oil soap on her face every night. Another thing is that olive oil soap can be used as a make-up remover. As for the hair, nails, and lips, olive oil soap contains monounsaturated fat, which tends to soften and moisturize. It’s healthier than the polyunsaturated fats found in other soaps.
There’s another kind of olive oil soap, it is called Castile soap. It contains a high olive oil concentrate, making it milder and more moisturized. This is best to use on baby skin and those with sensitive skin. If you experience problems with the regular olive oil soaps, then you should try using castile soap. Castile soaps can be scented or unscented, translucent, or even opaque in texture.
If you want beautiful skin, olive oil soaps are the best choice for your skin. This is a tried, tested, and proven soap that has existed for many generations.
Olive Oil Soap Recipe – For Professional Homemade Soap
This soap is one of the finest and mildest soaps created for skincare. Therefore, Greek olive oil soaps, French Olive oil soaps, and pure olive oil soaps are still evident today. Olive oils are essential because it encompasses cooking, cosmetics, etc. Studies can prove this, and even by the consumers themselves.
There are many recipes for this kind of soap, but you must research thoroughly to make sure that you will use the best recipe for superior quality olive oil soap. This recipe can make many soaps and will save you time and money. And the best thing is that you will make your olive oil soap!
• 17-ounce can of Lye or Sodium Hydroxide (1 can)
• 4 and 1/2 cups of distilled water (Do not use tap water for many chemicals can still be clear)
• Using liquid volume measure, 19 cups of Olive Oil
• A heat-proof container made up of either Pyrex, Stainless Steel, Heavy-duty Plastic for mixing.
• 2-quart size lye
• 2-gallon-sized of 1 large stainless steel or enamel pot for mixing soap
• Rubber or silicone spatula
• Plastic container with lid
1. Transfer the distilled water to the heat-proof container, then add lye to it. To dissolve, use the spatula. Make sure that you stir carefully. We will see fumes while mixing, so leave it. Cool the mixture in a safe place.
2. After cooling the mixture, you can now transfer the olive oil to the pot, where you mix it and heat it to 100 degrees. After heating, remove the pot.
3. Transfer the mixture to the warm oil. Be careful not to spill and stir it constantly and mildly. Stir thoroughly for several minutes until thoroughly blended. You can use a stick blender or beater in intervals by hand-stirring. Stir until you see a thick-lid pudding with a thicker and more opaque mixture.
4. Put the mixture into the mold, and cover the lid, then hide it under the blankets. Wait until it is fully cooled, remove it from the mold, and mold it according to your preferred shape. Place the soap in a cool area and make sure that you cure it for 4 weeks.
5. When you use the lye, make sure that you handle it with care because lye is a dangerous chemical. Don’t forget to use rubber gloves, protective eyewear, and even clothing. Make sure that you place the lye-water mixture in a safe place to cool down.
When you’re making soaps, do not use aluminum utensils or pots for soap making. You can stir faster by using a blender. The soap should achieve the full trace of the pot to determine if it is good and ready. Less than 10 minutes is enough time to reach the full trace.