This honeycomb soap is nourishing, beautiful, and one-of-a-kind, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. A surprisingly simple technique was used to form a honeycomb shape from a melt and pour soap base and organic honey. The result was simply wonderful. Here’s how I did it…
- Melt and pour soap base – 1 Lb
- Raw Honey – 2 Tsp
- Grapeseed oil – 1/2 Tsp
- Yellow soap colorant
- Red soap colorant
- Bubble wrap
- Silicon soap mold
- Rubbing alcohol
1. Measure the bottom of the soap mold and slice the bubble wrap to fit.
2. Place the bubble wrap, on the bottom of your soap mold.
3. Cut the melt and pour the soap base into small chunks.
4. Heat in the microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted completely.
5. When the soap is melted, add honey, and grape seed oil. Mix well to melt the honey and get it mixed well.
6. Add the soap colorant 8 drops of yellow to 2 drops of red and get a deep golden color.
7. Gradually pour the soap into the mold over the bubble wrap.
8. After you pour, spray the rubbing alcohol on top of the soap to remove bubbles.
9. Allow the soaps to cool and harden completely before removing them from the molds.