Shea Butter Coconut Milk Soap
This shea butter coconut milk soap uses coconut milk powder and peppermint essential oil. Coconut milk is high in fatty acids and nourishing nutrients that moisturize and plump up dry skin. Peppermint essential oil is refreshing, antiseptic, and soothing to itchy, dry skin. If you have itchy skin and body acne, you can substitute peppermint for tea tree for better antiseptic properties.
• Shea butter soap base – ½ Cup
• Coconut milk powder – 2 Tsp
• Coconut oil – 1 Tsp
• Peppermint essential oil – 7-10 drops
1. Cut the Shea butter soap base into cubes and melt it in a double boiler.
2. Make your double boiler by placing the soap base in a mid-sized glass bowl over a pan filled with water.
3. As the soap base melts, heat over a medium flame and stir gently with a large wooden spoon.
4. To make a smooth mixture, whisk together the coconut milk powder, coconut oil, and peppermint essential oil in a separate bowl.
5. When the soap base has fully melted, add the coconut oil, coconut milk powder, peppermint mixture, and stir vigorously until the soap thickens up.
6. Turn off the burner and carefully pour the soap mixture into a silicone mold tray.
7. Allow it harder for approximately 2 hours. You can place the mold in the refrigerator if you would like to get it out quicker.
8. When cooled, remove the soaps from the individual spaces in the silicone tray and let them dry overnight on the rack.
Benefits of Shea Butter Coconut Milk Soap
Shea butter coconut milk soap moisturizes well without clogging pores. It’s mild enough to use on babies and those with sensitive skin. Shea butter has natural UV protection, it treats acne, eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis. Shea butter soap fades from many scars. It soothes burns and helps to prevent wrinkles.
Shea butter soap is high in skin-benefiting vitamins, such as vitamin A and vitamin E. Vitamin A aids in the repair of damaged skin cells. While vitamin E is an antioxidant, it protects the skin from free radical damage. The skin readily absorbs Shea butter without leaving an oily coating.
The oil from coconut is a natural exfoliant, which helps reduce the signs of aging and leaves skin soft and smooth. Using a coconut-based soap won’t dry out your skin as other soaps do, but it gently washes away dead skin cells and encourages skin cell regeneration. It also protects your skin from free radical damage.