This Watermelon Soap is infused with the goodness of watermelon extracts. This soap has natural antioxidants that leave your skin soft and smooth. While the soothing watermelon extracts cleanse and exfoliate the skin, the natural blend of coconut oil treats and repairs it. This 100% pure and organic body soap gives you soft and moisturized skin round the clock with a fragrance that lasts all day long.
• Castor oil – 0.8 oz
• Refined coconut essential oil – 4 oz
• Pomace olive essential oil – 7.2 oz
• Safflower oil – 2.4 oz
• Refined Shea butter – 1.6 oz
• Distilled water – 4.8 oz
• lye/sodium hydroxide – 2.1 oz
• Watermelon powder – 1 Tsp
• Poppy seeds – 1 Tsp
• Raspberry red mica – 1 Tsp
• Melon ball fragrance oil – 1 oz
• Silicone Mold
1. Pour the lye into the water in a well-ventilated area and mix until the lye has completely dissolved.
2. Gently melt the Shea butter and oils together in the microwave.
3. Once the oils have been heated and the shea butter has completely melted, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Once your soap-making oils and the lye-water reach around 95°F, you are ready to make soap.
5. Using measuring spoons, measure out the watermelon powder, poppy seeds, and mica. Add to the container with the soap-making oils and then mix with an immersion.
6. Pour the lye water into the oils. Blend with your immersion blender until the soap reaches a light trace.
7. Once the soap has been traced, weigh out and add the melon ball fragrance oil. Then, mix again until the fragrance oil is evenly combined throughout and the soap re-thickens.
8. Pour the soap into the cavities of your silicone mold using a spatula to smooth down the tops. Then lightly cover the mold with plastic wrap.
9. You can then unmold your soap 24-48 hours later.
10. Once you unmold your soap, allow it to cure for at least 4 weeks before use.
Benefits of Watermelon Soap
Watermelon soap is the natural super cooler. It removes dead skin and leaves the skin feeling relaxed and bright. Regular use prevents skin tanning while providing the necessary moisture to keep the skin looking fresh and young. Watermelon soap also contains lycopene and amino acids, which work together to promote healthy skin, strengthen the immune system, and provide antioxidant protection.