Rosemary Citrus Soap
This natural Rosemary Citrus Soap is made with simple ingredients to be good for you. This vibrant, lovely soap is perfect for everyday use. These citrus and rosemary oils energize your morning routine and kick-start your day. Combining the antibacterial properties of rosemary with the oil-balancing benefits of lemon essential oil, this herb and citrus soap is formulated to cleanse, purify and balance the oil in the skin.
- Goat milk soap base – Lb
- Rosemary essential oil – 14-15 drops
- Sweet orange essential oil – 5 drops
- Lemon essential oil – 10 drops
- Lemon peel – 1 Tsp
- Orange peel – 1 Tsp
- Fresh rosemary – 2 Tsp
- Silicone mold
1. To begin the soap-making process, prepare the soap mold by cleaning, drying, and spritzing with rubbing alcohol.
2. Add one tablespoon of lemon and orange peel. Then add 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, torn or chopped.
3. Next, chop a ½ pound of goat’s milk soap base into small chunks. Toss the chopped soap into a 32 oz. Glass measuring cup and place it in the microwave.
4. Melt at 30- sec intervals, stirring intermittently to avoid burning.
5. Remove the melted soap from the microwave as soon as possible and stir in the dry ingredients. Using a nonstick heat-resistant spatula, thoroughly combine the ingredients.
6. Once blended quickly, add 5 drops of sweet orange essential oil, 10 drops of lemon essential oil, and 15 drops of rosemary essential oil.
7. Pour the rosemary citrus soap into the silicone mold and spritz it with rubbing alcohol to remove any bubbles.
8. Allow the rosemary citrus soap to cool in the mold for 1 to 2 hours, or until solid, before removing it.
9. Add the lavender flowers and lavender essential oil and mix well.
10. Pour the mixture into the silicone molds and allow it to harden.
Benefits of Rosemary Citrus Soap
Rosemary contains naturally powerful antioxidants. Rosemary oil helps to strengthen capillaries and slow the signs of aging on the skin. It also firms and elongates sagging and loose skin, making it appear firmer and more elastic. Rosemary increases biological activity and cell growth, which helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Also, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help heal skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and dermatitis.
Lemon has an antibacterial quality that helps to clean the skin and get rid of bacteria. It keeps the skin healthy and soft while helping to prevent acne and pimples. Astringents remove oil buildup, tighten sagging skin, and prevent acne breakouts.