Coffee and Cinnamon Soap
Coffee is commonly associated with getting people out of bed in the morning, but it can perk up your skin too. This coffee and cinnamon soap is high in antioxidants and removes dead skin cells and pollutants from your pores and deep layers of skin. Natural coffee grounds are also one of nature’s most effective deodorizers. The caffeine in coffee has several benefits for your skin, from treating redness, and inflammation to reducing the appearance of under-eye circles, to getting rid of unwanted cellulite. A surprisingly simple technique was used to make Coffee and Cinnamon Soap. The result was simply wonderful. Here’s how I did it…
- Olive oil – 1.5 L.
- Lye – 6.1 oz
- Water – 350 ml
- Ground coffee – 1-5 Tsp
- Cinnamon essential oil – 20 drops
- A little cinnamon to sprinkle
1. Pour the olive oil into the cooled lye mixture and start mixing when the soap reaches the trace stage. Add the cinnamon essential oil and ground coffee.
2. Adding more ground coffee to the soap will give it a richer brown color and or better exfoliating properties.
3. Add cinnamon essential oil until you can smell it in the mixture.
4. Stir well and fold the soap into a mold.
5. Your beautifully scented, exfoliating soap is ready to use in a week or two.
Benefits of using Coffee and Cinnamon Soap
Cinnamon essential oil stimulates blood flow, allowing your skin to regenerate quickly. Help reduce occurrences of acne. Help tighten pores on the skin. Fine coffee grounds gently exfoliate dead skin.